April 29, 2017
Check in and pick up your registration materials at the CAFE Café in the View Room of the Edmonds Senior Center.
Throughout the day, enjoy the beautiful Puget Sound view, have a cup of coffee, and relax while perusing the wealth of information provided to help you discover how to lead a more purposeful, satisfying life. CAFE staff will be available to answer any questions you might have and light refreshments will be served. Resource tables will host a variety of free materials where you can find out information on a number of volunteer opportunities and resources to get you involved in area organizations and activities.
INDOOR PETANQUE | Edmonds Petanque Club
From 8:30-3:00 PM, you can learn to play the lively game of petanque, the French cousin to Italian Bocce. Members of the Edmonds Petanque Club will teach you the basics as well as tips and tricks to get you into this fun and social game that’s enjoyed by millions worldwide.
* InBody Fitness Biometrics testing (included with registration) will be provided adjacent the CAFE Café during the first three sessions by Megan Wood from Harbor Square Athletic Club. The process itself takes less than 60 seconds. Follow up with Megan during Session IV to learn to analyze your data and discover the next steps to a healthier lifestyle.
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL The Magic of Memoir: A Memoir Writing Workshop | Janette Turner
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL I’ve Never Been This Age Before | Dori Gillam
• European Travel Skills | Mary Ann Cameron
• Making Sense of Our Polarized Nation | Dr. Anu Taranath
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Oh, My Aching Joints! | Dr. Shawn Slack and Dr. Thuc Nguyen
• The Facility Makerspace | David Voetmann
• Self-Publishing | Cherie Tucker
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL The Road to Good Health: Eating to Reduce Inflammation | Martha Peppones
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL - Watercolor with Colored Pencils | Denise Cole
• How to Get Comfy Talking about Race, Gender, and other Uncomfy Topics | Dr. Anu Taranath
• Volunteer with the Phoenix Theatre | Melanie Calderwood and Debra Rich Gettleman
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Life Reimagined | Dori Gillam
• Getting to the Core of Hard Cider Popularity: A Cider and Cheese Pairing | Steve Kaiser
Enjoy a delightful lunch at any of the tasty eateries that Downtown Edmonds has to offer or take in the scenic views of the Puget Sound with your own packed lunch.
This helpful restaurant map of Downtown Edmonds will show you all our nearby dining options. Consider making a reservation.
• Using Your Camera’s Manual Settings | Diana Scheel
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Traveling with A Mobile Device | Kevin Williams
• Feng Shui for Wellness | Diane Easley
• Rain Gardens | Kate Riley
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Life without Limits – Dr. Gloria Burgess
• What Would Self-Love Do? | Dr. Jane Tornatore
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Plant Art for Personal Enjoyment | Linda Toccoli
• The Poetry of Food | Monda Van Hollebeke
• *InBody Fitness Biometrics Analysis | Megan Wood
• Creating Wildlife Habitat in Your Own Back Yard | Kate Riley
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Travel as A Volunteer | Joyce Major
• Qigong for Wellness | Suzanna McCarthy
• THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL Getting Started with Birding | Burt Guttman
• Hands-on Photography Using Your Manual Settings | Diana Scheel